Halton Support Services coordinates community services and supports for children, youth, and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as complex needs.

How We Can Help

Our service coordinators work collaboratively to assist you with:

  • Accessing internal and external funding opportunities
  • Respite care (in-home and out-of-home)
  • Creating and achieving goals
  • Promoting community engagement
  • Accessing social opportunities
  • Transitional support; including entering school or transitioning out of school
  • Accessing post education resources; including connecting people to day programs, post-educational programs, employment and volunteer opportunities
  • Providing resources and referrals to other community agencies

How to Access Services:

Children Services
(Under 18)

Our service coordinators will support you to access services for your child or youth. Service coordination takes a person-directed approach and is voluntary.

Please download our intake package to access services HERE.

For more information please contact (905) 844-7864, Ext. 325.

Adult Services
(18 and over)

Eligibility for people who are 18 years of age is determined by Developmental Services Ontario (DSO). Before Halton Support Services can begin supporting a person, a referral must be made through the DSO and the adult must have received an eligibility letter from the DSO.

Contact Developmental Services Ontario by calling 1-888-941-1121 or by registering here.

Respite and Resource Program

Halton Support Services respite and resource programs provide short-term relief to families and/or care providers who support a person with an intellectual and developmental disability.

For more information or if you are interested in private fee-for-service respite support, please register at respite services or by contacting Mika Cinco: mcinco@cwsds.ca or (905) 844-7864, Ext. 333.

Transfer Payment Agency

As a Transfer Payment Agency (TPA), we manage and administer money from provincial ministries to a person or an external organization.

Halton Support Services can administer funds authorized by the Special Services at Home program as well as the PassportONE program.

For more information, please contact hssinfo@cwsds.ca

Frequently Asked Questions:

How much do services cost?

Halton Support Services is fully funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. There is no cost to families to access this service.

How do I apply for services for my child?

We require a completed, and signed, intake package with medical documentation stating the developmental disability. This can include a copy of a medical statement and/or note, or a psychological assessment.  Please download our intake package HERE if you are interested in accessing our services.

Once my child is registered, does that registration last forever?

Once you have completed an intake package, you do not need to re-apply. If your situation changes and you need additional support, please contact a Service Coordinator at (905) 844-7864, Ext. 333.

How do I get assigned a Service Coordinator?

Once you have completed an intake package, a Service Coordinator will be assigned to support people and families to achieve your goals.

When can I expect to receive my Special Services at Home (SSAH) Funding?

If you have been placed on the wait list for SSAH or any other MCCSS-funded programs please contact your local Ministry office at (905) 567-7177.