Program Assistant – Halton Support Services
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Salary: $21.28 / hour
CWSDS is looking to hire a Program Assistant, who will be responsible to provide administrative support to our Halton Support Services team.
- Preparing, coding and entering invoices for payment.
- Monitoring accounts to ensure funding approval levels are accurate.
- Ensuring accurate banking information is entered into the electronic funds transfer systems.
- Posting electronic funds transfer.
- Verify transactions are posted. Correct and repost any discrepancies.
- Purchasing office supplies as needed
- Typing dictated consult reports and distributes accordingly.
- Producing reports, letters, memos and email.
- Filing and maintain filing system for all relevant files.
- Minute-taking as required
- Providing administrative support to HSS Manager and Service Coordinators
- Providing back-up to the front desk as required
- Entering data into database to update and generate reports.
- Responding to inquiries from agencies/families and caregivers.
- Other related duties, as required
- Community College Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Several years of related accounts payable experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of acceptable grammar, spelling and punctuation when word processing correspondence and reports; good ability to detect errors in own work and correct them.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Typing skills at acceptable level (50 words per minute, corrected) in order to handle a volume of typing and data entry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the use of Access Databases and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment. Should you be unable to vaccinate for a bona fide human rights related reason, CWSDS will investigate whether accommodation is possible without undue hardship.