Manager of Day Services and Volunteers
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
CWSDS is looking to hire a Manager of Day Services and Volunteers on a full time basis. This position is responsible for coordinating and managing the provision of appropriate day programs to individuals receiving support from CWSDS utilizing both in-house and community-based resources. Other responsibilities include,
- Ensuring high quality services are available on a continuous and consistent basis with a focus on enhancing the quality of support and service in the individuals we support.
- Participating in the development of policies and procedures
- Recruiting, hiring and orienting qualified staff.
- Developing staff competencies and ensuring ongoing training required by staff.
- Ensuring all performance evaluations are completed on an annual basis and all mandatory training is current.
- Coordinating staff and ensuring staffing levels are adequately maintained at all times.
- Working co-operatively with other programs/ resources in the community and at CWSDS.
- Receiving and assessing applications for volunteers and placements programs and coordinating candidates’ participation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring monthly budget to ensure that expenses are within funds allotted and monies are being appropriately spent.
- Reconciling all payroll entries and corrections to ensure that payroll is accurately uploaded on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assuming the On call manager position on a rotational basis.
- Ensuring no health and/ or safety risk to individual CWSDS’ supports, staff or members of the public.
- Participating actively in CWSDS’s meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma in Developmental Service Worker, or degree in Social Services related field, or B.A. in Psychology or Social Services related field
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment supporting individuals with disabilities
- Previous experience with managing Day Programs
- Current in First Aid, CPR, Safe Management and Pharmacology
- Strong communication, report writing and organizational skills
- Demonstrated managerial competencies.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationships and conflict resolution
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Products and experience with automated scheduling system.
- Valid Ontario G Class Driver’s License and a vehicle for conducting visits and other related activities.