Summer Staff (DSW, SSW, CYW)
Seasonal - Summer 2023
Hours: 40 hours per week, rotational shifts including morning, afternoon, evening, weekend and occasional overnight
Salary: $21.42 per hour + 13% in lieu of benefits and vacation
- Assisting Direct Support Professionals in the implementation of Personal Support Plans and Behavioural Support Plans that provide safe, meaningful and professional care.
- Supporting individuals in the development of individual life skills and decision making.
- Assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting and feeding.
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will be scheduled to work a 40-hour work week including day, afternoon, night and weekend shifts. Time off during this contract will be limited to the provisions of the Employment Standards’ Act.
- Currently enrolled in a degree or community college social /human services program.
- A minimum of 6 months related experience working with adults with developmental disabilities.
- A commitment to a value-based approach to supporting people.
- Willingness to work in multiple work locations
- Valid “G” or “G2” class driver’s license.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment.
LOCATION: Oakville, Burlington, Georgetown, Halton Hills, Mississauga.