Direct Support Professional – Contract
Full time contract
Hours: Rotational shifts, 80 hours bi-weekly
Salary: $22.85 - $24.82 per hour
We are looking to hire Direct Support Professionals on a full time contract basis (6 -12 months).
- Acting as an advocate for the clients in identifying and ensuring that their needs are met.
- Assisting the client in daily routines and the activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, bathing, toileting as required
- Planning and implementing activities as per the Personal Support Plan (PSP) that meet the client’s recreational and leisure needs
- Implement behavioural strategies as per the Behavioural Support Plan (BSP)
- Providing First Aid as required
- Dispensing medication as required
- Transporting clients to various activities and appointments as needed using approved means of transportation.
- Ensuring accurate and up to date documentation as detailed in policies and procedures.
- Ensuring the health and safety of those in this program and that the environment is safe and free of hazards.
- Working as a team member in planning and implementing activities and routines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma (DSW)
- Candidates who do not hold a DSW diploma may be considered if they have a Diploma (minimum 2 year program) or Degree from a recognized Community College/University in Social/Human Services.
- Candidates that are hired who do not hold a DSW Diploma will be required to complete Pharmacology within the first 6 months of employment plus 4 additional DSW courses within the first 2 years of employment.
- A minimum of two years’ previous experience supporting people with a developmental disability, mental illness or Dual Diagnosis
- First Aid and Advanced Safe Management certifications are required.
- An ability to work within a team, with other support providers, families, volunteers and community members
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- A valid Class G driver’s license and willingness to drive.
Location: Oakville, Georgetown