Hours: Able to work up to 24 hours a week, days/ afternoons/evenings /nights awake shifts, rotational and on-call
Salary: $20.08/ hour
CWSDS is looking to hire Casual Relief Staff who will be responsible for:
• Support individuals in the development of life skills and decision making
• Support individuals with significant behavioural challenges and implement treatment plans
• Acts as an advocate identifying and ensuring clients’ needs are met
• Assist in the implementation of Personal Support Plans that provide safe, meaningful and professional care
• Assist with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting and feeding
• Assist with daily living, household skills, and personal interaction skills
• Administer medications as required
• Ensure safety and security of individuals we support
• Ensure adherence to CWSDS Policies and Procedures
• Ensure accurate and up-to-date documentation
• Works shifts in accordance with the schedule
• Other duties as assigned
• DSW diploma or degree/ 2-year diploma in Social / Human Services from a Community College / University (CYW, SSW, Psychology etc), or currently enrolled and successfully completed year 1.
• Previous experience supporting individuals with a developmental disability, mental illness or dual diagnosis
• Experience supporting individuals with unique or specialized behaviours in high treatment environments an asset
• An ability to work within a team, with other support providers, families, volunteers and community members
• Very good oral and written communication skills.
• Completion of Pharmacology, First Aid and Safe Management Training are mandatory
• A valid Class G driver’s license and willingness to drive
Locations: Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Georgetown, Halton Hills
Hours of Work: Applicants should be able to work up to 24 hours a week, days/ afternoons/evenings /night awake and weekend shifts, rotational and on-call.