Behaviour Therapist Assistant
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Salary: $26.03 - $28.35
CWSDS is looking to hire two Registered Behaviour Therapists (RBT), on a full time permanent basis, who will report to our Clinical Director, Behavioural Services.
- Assisting the Behaviour Therapist in conducting behavioural assessments by collecting data, providing direct observations, interviewing staff and providing feedback to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Providing on the floor support and training to front line staff under the direction of the BT.
- Monitor Behavioural Support Plan’s for individuals as per QAM and provide regular updates to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Forwarding programming ideas to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Assisting in collecting and graphing behavioural data.
- Programming implementation and coaching of front-line staff.
- Implementing interventions under the direction of the Behaviour Therapist and provide support to the team during behavioural escalation/crisis.
- Ensuring the safety and security of those in the care of CWSDS and that the environment is safe.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology or Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Eligible for Certification as a BCaBA an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience implementing the principles of applied behaviour analysis in an intensive behaviour intervention program with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and/or complex needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, methods and techniques in developing programs based on the principles of ABA (e.g., FBAs, BSPs, SAPs, etc.) for those with both an intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental illness.
- Highly skilled in recording, graphing and analyzing data collected. Experience with graphing in Excel pivot tables an asset.
- Experience in providing training to families and/or staff in the implementation of SAPs and BSPs as well as theory based didactic instruction.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- An ability to work within a team,
- Strong assessment, planning, priority setting and problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong empathy for individuals with dual diagnosis.
- An ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend work
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance administrative and clinical duties to meet strict deadlines.
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s License and use of vehicle to make community visits.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment
LOCATION: Various across Halton Region. Some travel required.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Central West Specialized Developmental Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organization but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.