Personnel Officer – Time and Attendance
Full time contract (18-20 months)
Hours: Monday to Friday, flexible weekends
We are looking to hire a Personnel Officer (Time and Attendance) on a full time contract basis for approximately 18-20 months.
Reporting to the Director Human Resources and an Area Manager, in this fast-paced role you will be accountable for reviewing and approving electronic ‘time cards’ on Staff Schedule Care, in preparation for payroll processing. This role is also responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting on attendance statistics and trends, as well as supporting the Human Resources department as needed.
- Works closely with the management team to gather relevant information to ensure accurate and timely processing of electronic ‘time cards’ before payroll deadline.
- Reviews and approves employee electronic biometric scans at the beginning and end of shifts.
- Ensures appropriate shift break rules are applied.
- Enters time off codes for sick, emergency leave, bereavement etc.
- Maintains scheduling system; makes and implements appropriate recommendations to improve efficiencies; trouble shoots issues with scheduling software provider
- Records attendance records
- Analyzes and reports on attendance statistics and trends
- Generates various reports and metrics
- Supports the recruitment process as needed
- Supports the Human Resources department as needed
- Other Duties as assigned.
- University Degree and/or College Diploma in Human Resources or equivalent.
- Experience in processing of time cards in preparation for payroll
- Experience working with on-line scheduling systems and interface capabilities to other business systems
- Knowledge of attendance management programs, practice and related issues
- Ability to interpret collective agreement language to ensure compliance with respect to hours of work, scheduling, etc.
- Knowledge of employment related legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities is required
- Diplomacy, tact and confidentiality.
- Strong relationship building skills to foster positive working relationships
- Sound working knowledge of scheduling systems and MS Office applications to conduct analysis and generate reports and metrics.
- Reliable and flexible with respect to attendance and schedule to meet deadlines. May be required to work weekends or statutory holidays to meet payroll deadlines.