Manager Supportive Living- *NEW PROGRAM*
Hours: Rotational shifts including morning, evening and weekend
Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing supportive living, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to people who have developmental and intellectual disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
As a specialist in the field of developmental an intellectual disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. As such, we are opening a new program that will support people with high, complex behaviours. Due to the nature of the program, staff will work in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, including Behaviour Therapists, Behaviour Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, nurses, physicians and psychologists, among other clinical specialties.
We are looking to hire dynamic Manager of Supportive Living, who is excited to embark on this great, unique opportunity for professional development. This position will report to the Regional Manager, Supportive Living.
- Providing guidance and coaching to staff to ensure the learning needs, behavioural support plans and individual support plans of the individuals supported are being implemented.
- Ensuring high quality of services are available on a continuous and consistent basis, with a focus on enhancing the quality of support and service in the people we support.
- Recruiting, hiring and orienting qualified staff.
- Developing the competencies and ensuring ongoing training required by staff to deliver high quality services.
- Ensuring that mandatory training is current
- Scheduling work vacation, lieu time and monitoring sick time and WSIB.
- Ensuring staffing levels are adequately maintained at all time and backfills open shifts/lines using the scheduling system.
- Completing all performance evaluations on an annual basis.
- Monitors monthly house budget to ensure that expenses are within funds allotted and monies are being appropriately spent.
- Reconciles all payroll entries and corrections to ensure that payroll is accurately uploaded on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ensures that Individual Support Plans are developed, implemented and reviewed according to CWSDS established frequency.
- Developing positive working relationship with family members, ensuring appropriate communications and timely based on the needs of the individual supported.
- Assumes the On-Call Manager position on a rotational basis.
- Responding to and coordinating appropriate responses and follow-up to emergency situations such as medical emergencies, behavioural crisis, etc.
- Ensuring the health and safety of individuals, staff and members of the public.
- Completes incident reports and conducts investigations and regular inspections.
- Informing Admin On-Call and Regional Manager of any contentious issues, serious occurrences, fires, disasters, significant staff issues, etc.
- Ensuring staff receives Health and Safety training and carries out work in compliance with OHSA.
- Conducts emergency drills based on published schedule.
- Ensuring appropriate storage, handling and use of medications.
- Actively participates in CWSDS’s meetings.
- Gathers data, prepares and presents at CERC meetings.
- Provides input through active involvement in the Accreditation process and implements all Focus Accreditation action plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in the Social Services or Psychology related field.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Experience working in specialized supports and/ or active treatment environments an asset.
- Current in First Aid, CPR, Safe Management and Pharmacology
- Strong communication, report writing and organizational skills
- Demonstrated managerial competencies.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationships and conflict resolution
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Products and experience with automated scheduling system and electronic client databases.
- Valid Ontario G Class Driver’s License and a vehicle for conducting visits and other related activities.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment. Should you be unable to vaccinate for a bona fide human rights related reason, CWSDS will investigate whether accommodation is possible without undue hardship.
LOCATION: Oakville. Additional support required at various locations across Halton Region. Some travel required.
HOW TO APPLY? Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources email address: email@example.com