Hours: Monday to Friday, morning and afternoon
Salary: $24.71 - $25.38 / hour
As a specialist in the field of developmental an intellectual disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. As such, we are looking to hire a Maintenance Mechanic on a full time basis. This position will report to the Regional Manager of Facilities.
- Repairing or replacing defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Performing routine preventive maintenance to ensure equipment continues to run smoothly, and the physical conditions of the buildings do not deteriorate.
- Assembling, installing and/or repairing wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery and equipment.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals and parts catalogues as necessary.
- Recording maintenance and repair work performed for the preventative maintenance program.
- Ordering and maintaining an inventory of building equipment parts and supplies as required.
- Painting and repairing windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall and other parts of building structures.
- Operating welding equipment as necessary.
- Cleaning, maintaining and repairing specialized equipment and machinery.
- Fabricating and repairing counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures as required,
- Carrying out on and off-site deliveries of supplies, equipment, furniture, appliances etc.
- Unplugging and/or replacing blocked toilets, sinks, baths, sewers, etc.
- Assisting in furniture repairs including upholstery, welding, soldering
- Maintenance of indoor pool, chemical balance and adjustments, etc.
- Troubleshooting problems on Mag lock and fire panel systems.
- Responsible for maintaining vehicles and equipment in good working order by changing oil, greasing equipment, cleaning vehicles
- Maintains the grounds by assisting in seasonal grounds maintenance such as snow removal, clearing roof troughs, removing items from one area of the grounds to another.
- Ensures adherence to CWSDS’s policies and procedures.
- All work must be carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with OHSA.
- Following proper lifting procedures
- Ensuring the environment is safe and free of hazards.
- Working shifts in accordance with the schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years directly related experience in building maintenance and repairs.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of hand and power tools, electrical and electronic testing devices and reassemble equipment.
- Ability to operate snow blower, weed eater, riding mower, trimmer and chain saw.
- Ability to read blue prints and locate shut offs and breakers, etc.
- Knowledge of gas pilot systems.
- Ability to operate and maintain carpentry equipment.
- Ability to interpret work plans, drawings, diagrams.
- Able to communicate verbally and understand instructions.
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and complete assignments on time.
- Dependable, flexible and an ability to work flexible hours.
- Caring approach to people supported by CWSDS.
- Valid full G driver’s license and ability to drive Centre vehicles.