Part time, permanent
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Salary: $20.51 per hour
CWSDS is looking to hire a Lifeguard on a part time permanent basis. This position will report to the Manager of Day Services and Volunteers.
- Ensuring the health and well-being of individuals and guests in the pool area. Maintaining constant surveillance of individuals and guests in the pool area.
- Providing emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Reporting any security or emergency situations immediately.
- Restricting the use of the area when dangerous condition exists.
- Enforcing pool rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Holder of current National Lifeguard Service’s Lifeguard Certificate
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Basic understanding of pool operation and water chemistry.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Strong empathy for individuals with developmental disabilities and/or dual diagnosis.
- An ability to work flexible hours, including weekend work
LOCATION: 53 Bond Street, Oakville. L6K 1L8