Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Salary: $30.67 - $36.34
CWSDS is looking to hire a Behaviour Therapist on a full time permanent basis. This position reports to our Clinical Director, Behavioural Services.
- Providing services to individuals through the use of applied behaviour analysis, and positive behaviour supports.
- Performing functional behaviour assessments; develops and oversees implementation of individual behaviour protocols and plans and organizes community follow-up and consultation.
- Developing objective monitoring systems which track the frequency, duration and intensity of maladaptive behaviour, as well as data evaluating antecedents and consequences
- Developing skill acquisition programs along with data collection procedures to evaluate performance and responding to multimodal treatment recommendations.
- Setting up clear objectives or targets for behavioural change that can be evaluated. Developing data monitoring protocols and reports, as well as analyzing and summarizing data for team’s consultations.
- Developing and delivering caregiver training packages, training sessions and workshops as appropriate. Training resource staff and families in the community in order to support recommended interventions.
- Conducting home, group home and SIL visits, providing guidance to families, staff, managers and community caregivers and therapists working throughout the catchment area.
- Sharing an understanding of the available resources in the area with caregivers and local resources in order to promote BT-oriented treatment and supports to individuals.
- Counselling and training families, caregivers and other service providers to better understand mental health and developmental needs of individuals from a behavioural perspective.
- Providing direct skills training, utilizing a variety of therapeutic approaches, with clients as appropriate.
- Providing statistical and evaluative data as required.
- Fostering key relationships with other related agencies and referral sources in the region.
- In cooperation with clinical staff throughout our organization, evaluating and developing plans for individual risk where required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters’ Degree in Applied Disability Studies, Social Work, Counselling, Clinical or School Psychology.
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) or in progress.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience providing ABA services to individuals with developmental disabilities, particularly those with dual diagnosis and autism.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, methods and techniques in developing ABA programs for those with both a developmental disability and mental illness.
- An understanding of family dynamics and how they affect coordination of services.
- Demonstrated ability to work in the field independently, without daily supervision while planning and delivering ABA services.
- An ability to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong assessment, planning, priority setting and problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, crisis intervention and counseling skills.
- Strong empathy for individuals with dual diagnosis.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend work
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance administrative and clinical duties to meet strict deadlines.
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle to make community visits.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment.
LOCATION: Various across Halton Region. Some travel required.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Central West Specialized Developmental Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organization but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.