Program Assistant – DDS and Reception
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Salary: $21.38 / hour
As a specialist in the field of developmental and intellectual disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. As such, we are looking to hire a Program Assistant on a full time permanent basis. This position will provide reception, clerical and administrative services for the Regional Dual Diagnosis Service at CWSDS.
- Receiving visitors, determining the nature of their business, and notifying the staff member of their arrival of visitors.
- Answering telephone calls at the reception switchboard, usually on the office’s “general inquiry” line. Responding to callers’ general queries while not discussing any “restricted” subjects. Referring complex or “difficult” queries to the appropriate staff.
- Noting and relaying messages provided by callers or visitors for staff members who are absent or otherwise engaged.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail to appropriate staff member/desk.
- Liaising with clinical staff to keep them informed of bookings and to verify available dates/ times that can be booked.
- Team Meetings – booking meeting rooms, distributing materials and taking and transcribing minutes, as requested.
- Maintaining general filing of materials, as assigned. Maintaining the filing of clinical records; keeping files secure.
- Requesting office supplies and toner for copier machine and printers. Ensuring proper stocking levels.
- Maintaining the internal telephones and extensions list up to date.
- As assigned, using/updating a database, such as e-mail address lists, mailing lists, and address labels.
- Using Microsoft Office applications to type reports, consultations, letters, memos, and e-mail.
- Preparing standardized responses/formats, such as acknowledgements; updating forms and templates.
- Types dictated consultant reports in the absence of the Records, Program Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma in business administration, office administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of related experience, preferably in a social services environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the developmental services sector an asset.
- Advanced ability in the use of Outlook and Microsoft Office and other office automation software.
- Proven superior organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Positive attitude and flexible approach.
- Demonstrated ability to act proactively and to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly prioritize and resolve critical issues, as well as an ability to multi-task in high-pressure situations.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment. Should you be unable to vaccinate for a bona fide human rights related reason, CWSDS will investigate whether accommodation is possible without undue hardship.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Central West Specialized Developmental Services will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We thank all applicants for your interest in our organization but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.