Residential Counsellor Overnight Awake
Hours: 54 hours bi-weekly
Salary: $20.27 / hour
CWSDS is looking to hire Residential Counsellors Overnight Awake, Part Time, who will be responsible for:
• Providing supervision to clients during the night time hours, including but not limited to hourly bed checks and walkabouts within the house.
• Supporting the individuals’ goals.
• Providing night to night direct care and support to residents’ needs, including assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, and providing first aid when required.
• Dispensing and administering medications.
• Ensuring safety and security of individuals.
• Completing household duties such as laundry, cleaning, meal preparation and counts.
• Ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Developmental Service Worker Diploma, B.A. B.Sc. in Psychology or related Social Services or equivalency.
• Pharmacology, First Aid and Advanced Safe Management certifications are required.
• Proven experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviour.
• Ability in the use of Behaviour Modification skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.