CENTRAL WEST PASSPORT PROGRAM
The Passport Program, funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS), helps adults with a developmental disability be involved in their communities and live as independently as possible by providing funding for community participation services and supports, activities of daily living and person-directed planning. The program also provides funding for caregiver respite services and supports for primary caregivers of an adult with a developmental disability. CWSDS administers Passport funding for the Central West Region.
The key goals of the Passport program are to:
- Foster independence by building on individuals abilities and developing community participation, social and daily living skills.
- Increase opportunities for participation in the community with supports that respect personal choices and decision-making, and help people achieve their goals.
- Promote social inclusion and broaden social relationships through the use of community resources and services available to everyone in the community.
- Help young people make the transition from school to life as an adult in the community.
- Support families and caregivers of an adult with a development disability so they can continue in their supportive role.
Passport Program Guidelines:
The Passport Program Guidelines have been updated with important information regarding changes to the Passport Program guidelines that will come into effect on April 1, 2023. These changes include addressing the temporary list of eligible expenses that were added to the Passport Guidelines in April 2020 to support recipients in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The temporary expansion of eligible expenses will no longer be in effect as of April 1, 2023. Some of the temporary eligible expenses will be permanently integrated into the Passport guidelines, and some expenses will no longer be eligible.
You can view the complete guideline updates at https://www.ontario.ca/page/passport-program-guidelines as well as find additional resources, including tip sheets and videos, on the Passport website at https://passportfunding.ca/. Updates will be added to the websites through the month of March 2023.
Passport Program Claim Submission:
With the introduction of the April 2023 Passport guidelines, the Passport claim form is being updated. The updated Passport claim form should be used for any expenses that take place after March 31, 2023.
Submit your claims using one of our electronic submission tools found below to help you receive your reimbursement faster. The electronic platforms are updated automatically so you do not need to do anything extra.
Electronic Submission Tools
eCLAIM allows you to complete a personalized fillable claim form and submit all your Passport claims and receipts online using the eCLAIM website. Through your eCLAIM account, you can submit claims electronically, view your claim submission history and claim status. There are no costs associated to using eCLAIM. You can access eCLAIM, including resources, at: Learn about Eclaim (passportfunding.ca)
MyDirectPlan (MDP) is an online tool that allows you to submit your claims online through their website or mobile application. MDP also includes other tools to assist you with budgeting and managing your funding. You can access MDP, including resources, at: Learn about MyDirectPlan (passportfunding.ca)
If you choose to email or fax your claims, please use your personalized claim form, which includes the recipient’s name and personal barcode. Please note an updated Passport claim form will be mailed to you in the coming weeks. The updated Passport claim form should be used for any expenses that take place after April 1, 2023.
Passport Program Funding Increase:
Effective July 1, 2022 Passport recipients would have received an automatic increase of 10% to their annual Passport funding approval amount. This increase was pro-rated for 9 months of funding (75% of the increase) for 2022/23. The full increase (12 months) will be provided in the 2023/24 allocations.
For more information: Tel: 905-844-8888 or 1-877-993-8885 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Passport Funding Approval Package Video Resources
- Eligible Expenses
- Self Administered Funds
- Person Managing Funds
- Payee Form
- Invoice Forms
- Support Workers
- Transfer Payment Agency (TPA)
- Brokerage Form
- Package Explained
Oh the Places You’ll Go Webinar Sessions
To use the forms (on the right):
- Right click the form and click “Save As”. This will give you a prompt to save the form to your computer.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the form. If you do not have “Adobe Acrobat Reader”, please download it here. https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- You will now be able to view and fill out the form. Once filled out, you can print it (and mail it) OR click “Save” in the file menu (near the top of the program). This will save the form and your answers. You can send the form as an email attachment.