Full Time contract (4 months)
Hours: Rotational shifts
Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing residential, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to individuals who have developmental disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
We are looking to hire a Scheduling Supervisor a full time contract basis for approximately four months. This position will work out of our main location in Oakville, reporting to the Human Resources Manager.
- Follow the Collective Agreement and overtime protocol to fill shifts, coordinating staffing to ensure that every area has appropriate staffing levels.
- Provide supervision and leadership to Residential Float Staff
- Respond to staff regarding scheduling inquiries, clarifies policies and procedures related to scheduling
- Determine whether staff must be reassigned, staffing levels reduced and/or work schedules modified in order to provide optimum staffing coverage and advise staff accordingly as a result of these decisions
- Liaise with the system provider to ensure optimal performance and effectiveness of the Scheduling system
- Identify scheduling concerns and recommend corrective actions to Management;
- Complete rounds and security checks of all houses, program areas and administration buildings.
- Respond promptly to emergency situations in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 Year College Diploma in Business Administration or Human Services.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a social service environment.
- Previous scheduling experience in a 24/7 environment preferably with Automated Scheduling Systems.
- Advanced computer proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Report Generation.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Previous supervisory experience an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective problem solving and decision making.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume to the following email address: email@example.com