Residential Services Manager
Full Time contract (6 months)
Hours: Rotational shifts including days/afternoons/evenings/weekends
CWSDS is looking to hire a Residential Services Manager, for a full time, maternity leave contract six months approximately). The Residential Services Manager will be responsible for coordinating and managing the provision of appropriate services and programs to individuals receiving support from CWSDS. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Ensuring that Personal Support Plans are developed, implemented and reviewed according to CWSDS established frequency.
- Providing input into the development of policies and procedures, while ensuring implementation, training and appropriate adherence to policies and procedures and the collective agreement.
- Ensuring high quality services are available on a continuous and consistent basis with a focus on enhancing the quality of support and service in the individuals we support.
- Recruiting, hiring and orienting qualified staff. Developing the competencies and ensuring ongoing training required by staff to deliver high quality services.
- Ensuring staffing levels are adequately maintained at all times and backfills open shifts/lines using scheduling system.
- Monitoring monthly house budget to ensure that expenses are within funds allotted and monies are being appropriately spent.
- Reconciles all payroll entries and corrections to ensure that payroll is accurately uploaded on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ensuring all performance evaluations are completed on an annual basis and all mandatory training is current.
- Developing positive working relationship with family members ensuring that the content and frequently of communication is appropriate and timely based on the needs of the individual.
- Assuming the On call manager position on a rotational basis.
- Ensuring no health and or safety risk to individual CWSDS’ supports, staff or members of the public.
- Participating actively in CWSDS’s meeting(s).
- Gathering all data; preparing and presenting at CERC meetings.
- Providing input through active involvement in the Accreditation process, to improve the quality of our services and implement all Focus Accreditation action plans.
- Other duties as assigned
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Social Services related field.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment supporting individuals with disabilities
- Experience working in specialized supports and/ or active treatment environments an asset.
- Current in First Aid, CPR, Safe Management and Pharmacology
- Strong communication, report writing and organizational skills
- Demonstrated managerial competencies.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationships and conflict resolution
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and experience with automated scheduling system.
- Valid Ontario G Class Driver’s License and a vehicle for conducting related activities.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org