Residential Services Manager
Hours: Rotational shifts, Monday to Friday and some weekends
- Providing guidance and coaching to staff to ensure the learning needs, behavioural support plans and individual support plans of the individuals supported are being implemented.
- Ensuring high quality of services are available on a continuous and consistent basis, with a focus on enhancing the quality of support and service in the people we support.
- Recruiting, hiring and orienting qualified staff.
- Developing the competencies and ensuring ongoing training required by staff to deliver high quality services.
- Ensuring that mandatory training is current
- Scheduling work vacation, lieu time and monitoring sick time and WSIB.
- Ensuring staffing levels are adequately maintained at all time and backfills open shifts/lines using the scheduling system.
- Completing all performance evaluations on an annual basis.
- Monitors monthly house budget to ensure that expenses are within funds allotted and monies are being appropriately spent.
- Reconciles all payroll entries and corrections to ensure that payroll is accurately uploaded on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ensures that Individual Support Plans are developed, implemented and reviewed according to CWSDS established frequency.
- Developing positive working relationship with family members, ensuring appropriate communications and timely based on the needs of the individual supported.
- Assumes the On-Call Manager position on a rotational basis.
- Responding to and coordinating appropriate responses and follow-up to emergency situations such as medical emergencies, behavioural crisis, etc.
- Ensuring the health and safety of individuals, staff and members of the public.
- Completes incident reports and conducts investigations and regular inspections.
- Informing Admin On-Call and Area Manager of any contentious issues, serious occurrences, fires, disasters, significant staff issues, etc.
- Ensuring staff receives Health and Safety training and carries out work in complains with OHSA.
- Conducts emergency drills based on published schedule.
- Ensuring appropriate storage, handling and use of medications.
- Actively participates in CWSDS’s meetings.
- Gathers data, prepares and presents at CERC meetings.
- Provides input through active involvement in the Accreditation process and implements all Focus Accreditation action plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in the Social Services or Psychology related field.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Experience working in specialized supports and/ or active treatment environments an asset.
- Current in First Aid, CPR, Safe Management and Pharmacology
- Strong communication, report writing and organizational skills
- Demonstrated managerial competencies.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationships and conflict resolution
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Products and experience with automated scheduling system and electronic client databases.
- Valid Ontario G Class Driver’s License and a vehicle for conducting visits and other related activities.