Direct Support Professional
Full time and Part time
Hours: Day /afternoon/ evening /weekned shifts on a rotational basis
Salary: $22.85 / hour
• Acting as an advocate for the client in identifying and ensuring that his/her needs are met.
• Assisting the client in daily routines and the activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, bathing, toileting as required
• Planning and implementing activities as per the Personal Support Plan (PSP) that meet the client’s recreational and leisure needs
• Implement behavioural strategies as per the Behavioural Support Plan (BSP)
• Providing First Aid as required
• Dispensing medication as required
• Transporting clients to various activities and appointments as needed using approved means of transportation.
• Ensuring accurate and up to date documentation as detailed in policies and procedures.
• Ensuring the health and safety of those in this program and that the environment is safe and free of hazards.
• Working as a team member in planning and implementing activities and routines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Developmental Services Worker Diploma (DSW)
• Candidates who do not hold a DSW diploma may be considered if they have a Diploma (minimum 2 year program) or Degree from a recognized Community College/University in Social/Human Services.
• Candidates that are hired who do not hold a DSW Diploma will be required to complete Pharmacology within the first 6 months of employment plus 4 additional DSW courses within the first 2 years of employment.
• Previous experience supporting people with a developmental disability, mental health illness or Dual Diagnosis.
• Experience working in specialized supports or active treatment environments an asset.
• First Aid and Advanced Safe Management certifications are required.
• An ability to work within a team, with other support providers, families, volunteers and community members
• Very good oral and written communication skills.
• A valid Class G driver’s license and willingness to drive.
Locations: Oakville, Georgetown