Hours: Monday to Friday, morning, afternoon, evening and rotational weekend shifts
Salary: @29.90 - $43.23 / hour
As a specialist in the field of developmental an intellectual disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. As such, we are looking to hire a Registered Nurse (RN) on a full time basis (37.5 hours per week). This position will report to the Health Services Manager.
- Acting as the Registered Nurse for people supported as assigned.
- Providing health teaching and resource material to direct support professionals regarding the management of overall preventative health care including specific diseases and conditions.
- Interpreting the physician’s orders to direct support professionals
- Teaching new techniques, procedures, treatments and skills related to the health needs of the persons supported
- Administering treatments and performing procedures that require nursing skills, such as prescribed injections, blood pressure.
- Completing nursing assessments, progress reports and health care plans in accordance with persons supported health needs.
- Liaising with hospital staff when persons supported are admitted on a short-term basis.
- Responding to medical emergencies as required and providing appropriate follow-up
- Monitoring drug therapy in accordance with the physician’s orders and agency policy.
- Maintaining appropriate documentation for persons supported as assigned.
- Performing delegated medical acts sanctioned by the Ontario College of Nurses.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing, with registration as a Nurse (R.N.) in Ontario, plus significant experience after graduation providing nursing services to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and challenging behaviours.
- Maintains a Valid Standard First Aid and CPR/AED “Level C” Certificate.
- Proven experience providing professional nursing services to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities including Autism and/or mental health disorders.
- Knowledge of preventative health care and management of psychiatric and behavioural issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a clinical team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Very good oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to work morning, afternoon, evening and weekend shifts
- Valid Ontario G Class Driver’s License and a vehicle for conducting visits and other related activities.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment. Should you be unable to vaccinate for a bona fide human rights related reason, CWSDS will investigate whether accommodation is possible without undue hardship.
LOCATION: Oakville. Some travel required across Halton Region