Regional Manager – Facilities
Permanent, full time
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing supportive living, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to people who have developmental and intellectual disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
CWSDS is looking for a Regional Manager, Facilities, who will be responsible for ensuring the corporate and regulatory compliance and the proper operation of all aspects of CWSDS buildings, supportive living homes and properties, to create an optimal, safe and cost-effective living and work environment.
- Responsible for keeping the organization’s buildings in good repair and appearance
- Maintaining a preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment; Performing those maintenance items where qualified;
- Contracting with vendors for others required with the appropriate Senior Management approvals.
- Overseeing key vendors involved with the upkeep & maintenance of the facility.
- Identifying unsafe conditions of equipment and notifying management on a timely basis. Where possible taking corrective action and/or getting appropriate support as needed.
- Purchasing equipment/supplies for department following Broader Public Sector Procurement policies and ensuring compliance with it.
- Fleet Management using vehicle management systems.
- Co-ordinating and scheduling daily work assignments.
- Liaising with individuals and organizations that utilize the facility.
- Liaising with MPAC to ensure Property Tax waivers are completed and current.
- Providing input into budgets with respect to staffing costs, operating costs, capital costs.
- Monitoring expenses throughout the year for compliance with budget.
- Monitoring and maintaining security camera and FOB system.
- Maintaining a supplier network aimed at ensuring highest quality products, and ensuring vendor contract compliance.
- Reconciles all payroll entries and corrections to ensure that payroll is accurately uploaded on a bi-weekly basis.
- Recruiting, hiring and orienting qualified staff. Developing the competencies and ensuring ongoing training required by staff to deliver high quality services.
- Ensuring all performance evaluations are completed on an annual basis and all mandatory training is current
- Scheduling work, vacation, lieu time and monitoring sick time and WSIB. Ensuring staffing levels are adequately maintained at all times.
- Working co-operatively with other programs to foster effective and harmonious communications.
- Ensures no health and or safety risk to individuals, staff or members of the public.
- Responding to and coordinating appropriate responses and follow-up to emergencies.
- Completing incident reports and conducting investigations and regular inspections.
- Informing on-call Regional Manager of any contentious issues, S.O.R., fires, disasters, significant staff issues, etc.
- Ensuring staff receives Health and Safety training and carries out work in a manner that is in compliance with OHSA.
- Developing, reviewing and updating in conjunction with local fire departments, fire plans for all properties.
- Implementing effective fire and emergency procedures.
- Responding promptly to emergency situations in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring appropriate storage, handling and use of chemicals according to WHMIS regulations.
- Participating actively on the Joint Health and Safety Committee including Ministry of Labor inspections, Health Department Inspections and Fire Inspections.
- Ensuring Asbestos Survey is updated and current and all applicable work follows appropriate asbestos abatement procedures.
- Provides input through active involvement in the Accreditation process to improve the quality of our services and implements all Accreditation action plans.
- Ensures adherence to all CWSDS’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains list of equipment and assets for budgeting, life cycle costing and capital expenditure forecasting.
- Provides oversight to housekeeping services.
- Establish housekeeping standards that ensure that facilities are safe, clean and appropriate for individuals, staff and members of the public.
- Participate in Administrator On-Call rotation.
- Skilled Trade license, 2-year technology and/or property/building management diploma.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years directly related experience in building maintenance and repairs in a healthcare organization an asset
- General mechanical skills and knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, electronic and other building systems including Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- 2 years supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interpret work plans, drawings, diagrams
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Dependable, flexible and an ability to work flexible hours
- Valid G driver’s license and ability to drive organization vehicles
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to our email account email@example.com