Full time contract (4 months)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Salary: $19.65 / hour
CWSDS is looking to hire an IT Student on a full time contract basis for approximately 4 months, who will be responsible for:
- Assist with the deployment, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative automated approaches for system administrative tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Ensure daily backup is completed ensuring all file systems and system data are successfully backed up, regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change and delete user accounts.
- Provide support per requests and investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Ensure software license compliance.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current enrolment in a technologies support services diploma or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of current IT systems including networks, hardware and software.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks that may have conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to transportation.