Direct Support Professional – Overnight Awake
Full time and Part time
Hours: 54 hours biweekly (Part time), 80 hours biweekly (full time)
Salary: $21.42 per hour
CWSDS is looking to hire Direct Support Professionals Overnight Awake, full time and part time, who will be responsible for:
- Providing supervision to clients during the night time hours, including but not limited to hourly bed checks and walkabouts within the house.
- Supporting the individuals’ goals.
- Providing night to night direct care and support to residents’ needs, including assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, toileting, and providing first aid when required.
- Dispensing and administering medications.
- Ensuring safety and security of individuals.
- Completing household duties such as laundry, cleaning, meal preparation and counts.
- Ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma (DSW). Candidates who do not hold a DSW diploma may be considered if they have a Diploma (minimum 2 year program) or Degree from a recognized Community College/University in Social/Human Services.
- Successful candidates who do not hold a DSW Diploma will be required to complete a Pharmacology certification course.
- First Aid and Safe Management certifications are required.
- Proven experience supporting individuals with developmental disabilities and challenging behaviours.
- Ability in the use of Behaviour Modification skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
Locations: Oakville, Georgetown
Hours of Work: Overnight shifts from 10pm to 8 am on a rotational basis, working every other weekend.