Relief and Part Time
Hours: Monday to Friday, rotational, day and afternoon shifts
CWSDS is looking to hire Cleaners on a part time and casual relief basis.
In an assigned area of the Centre, the incumbent cleans by:
- Sweeping, wet and dry mopping floors.
- Washing, dusting and wiping walls, ceilings, vents, stairs, light fixtures, elevator
- Washing windows inside and outside using window washing equipment
- Vacuuming, shampooing and/or spot cleaning carpets, rugs and upholstered furniture.
- Collecting garbage from all areas, removing garbage to disposal, washing garbage cans and lids.
- Disinfecting bathrooms and others areas as assigned.
- Replenishing supplies when necessary, i.e. towels, toilet paper, soap, etc.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment used, reporting repairs required to equipment, floors, windows, walls, furnishings, hazards, etc. to Manager.
- Moving appliances and furniture to clean space underneath or behind.
- Cleaning furniture, windows and other objects as specified.
- Ensuring adherence to CWSDS’s policies and procedures.
- Following proper lifting procedures.
- Ensuring the environment is safe and free of hazards
- Working shifts (if required) in accordance with the schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge, experience or proven ability of housekeeping operations, cleaning, and the proper use of cleaning materials, methods and equipment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and personal initiative.
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks on a timely basis.
- Physically capable of performing all assigned duties within a schedule period.
- Dependable, flexible and an ability to work flexible hours
- Valid G driver’s license and ability to drive Centre vehicles.