Behaviour Therapist Assistant *NEW PROGRAM*
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Salary: $26.03 / hour
Central West Specialized Developmental Services (CWSDS) is a leader in providing supportive living, community participation supports and specialized services, assessment and treatment to people who have developmental and intellectual disabilities, dual diagnosis, and/or challenging behaviours throughout the municipalities of Halton, Peel and Dufferin and the regions of Waterloo and Wellington.
As a specialist in the field of developmental an intellectual disabilities, CWSDS has experienced continued growth over the last five years. As such, we are opening a new program that will support people with high, complex behaviours. Due to the nature of the program, staff will work in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, including Behaviour Therapists, Behaviour Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, nurses, physicians and psychologists, among other clinical specialties.
We are looking to hire a dynamic Behaviour Therapist Assistant, on a full time basis, who is excited to embark on this great, unique opportunity for professional development.
- Assisting the Behaviour Therapist in conducting behavioural assessments by collecting data, providing direct observations, interviewing staff and providing feedback to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Providing on the floor support and training to front line staff under the direction of the BT.
- Monitor Behavioural Support Plan’s for individuals as per QAM and provide regular updates to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Forwarding programming ideas to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Assisting in collecting and graphing behavioural data.
- Programming implementation and coaching of front-line staff.
- Implementing interventions under the direction of the Behaviour Therapist and provide support to the team during behavioural escalation/crisis.
- Ensuring the safety and security of those in the care of CWSDS and that the environment is safe.
- Using equipment and wearing protective devices or clothing that the employer deems as required, including the use of fit-tested N95 respirator and/or similar equipment.
- Working shifts in accordance with the schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology or Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Eligible for Certification as a BCaBA an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience implementing the principles of applied behaviour analysis in an intensive behaviour intervention program with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder and/or complex needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, methods and techniques in developing programs based on the principles of ABA (e.g., FBAs, BSPs, SAPs, etc.) for those with both an intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental illness.
- Highly skilled in recording, graphing and analyzing data collected. Experience with graphing in Excel pivot tables an asset.
- Experience in providing training to families and/or staff in the implementation of SAPs and BSPs as well as theory based didactic instruction.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- An ability to work within a team,
- Strong assessment, planning, priority setting and problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong empathy for individuals with dual diagnosis.
- An ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend work
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance administrative and clinical duties to meet strict deadlines.
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s License and use of vehicle to make community visits.
- Providing proof of vaccination for COVID-19 and maintaining vaccination status as necessary from time to time during employment. Should you be unable to vaccinate for a bona fide human rights related reason, CWSDS will investigate whether accommodation is possible without undue hardship.
HOW TO APPLY? Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to our Human Resources email address: email@example.com