Behaviour Therapist Assistant
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:3
CWSDS is looking to hire a Behaviour Therapist Assistant on a full time basis (40 hours per week).This position will report to the Clinical Director, Behavioural Services.
- Assisting the Behaviour Therapist in conducting behavioural assessments by collecting data, providing direct observations, interviewing staff and providing feedback to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Providing on the floor support and training to front line staff under the direction of the BT.
- Monitor Behavioural Support Plan’s for individuals as per QAM and provide regular updates to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Forwarding programming ideas to the Behaviour Therapist.
- Assisting in collecting and graphing behavioural data.
- Programming implementation and coaching of front-line staff.
- Implementing interventions under the direction of the Behaviour Therapist and provide support to the team during behavioural escalation/crisis.
- Ensuring the safety and security of those in the care of CWSDS and that the environment is safe and free of hazards.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology or Applied Behavioural Analysis.
- Eligible for Certification with the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board (BACB) as a BCaBA an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism or complex needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, methods and techniques in developing BT programs for those with both an intellectual disability and mental illness.
- Effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- An ability to work within a team,
- Strong assessment, planning, priority setting and problem solving skills.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong empathy for individuals with dual diagnosis.
- An ability to work flexible hours, including evening and weekend work
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to balance administrative and clinical duties to meet strict deadlines.
- A valid Class “G” Driver’s License and use of vehicle to make community visits.
LOCATION: Various locations across Halton and Peel regions
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Flexibility is required for working evenings / weekends occasionally.