CENTRAL WEST REGION PASSPORT AGENCY (CWRPA)
Passport is a program that helps adults with a developmental disability be involved in their community and live as independently as possible by providing funding for community participation services and supports, activities of daily living and person directed planning. The program also provides funding for caregiver respite services and supports for primary caregivers of an adult with a developmental disability. CWSDS administers the Passport funding in the Central West Region for adults over the age 18 years and eligibility is confirmed by the Developmental Services of Ontario (DSO Online). The key goals of the Passport program are to:
- Foster independence by building on individuals abilities and developing community participation, social and daily living skills.
- Increase opportunities for participation in the community with supports that respect personal choices and decision-making, and help people achieve their goals.
- Promote social inclusion and broaden social relationships through the use of community resources and services available to everyone in the community.
- Help young people make the transition from school to life as an adult in the community.
- Support families and caregivers of an adult with a development disability so they can continue in their supportive role.
Program Guidelines Changes
The Passport Program Guidelines have been updated. These changes came into effect September 1, 2021. Changes include updates in response to recommendations from the Auditor General from the Value-For-Money Audit for Supportive Services for Adults with Developmental Disabilities (2020) and updates reflecting changes to the program that have occurred since 2014 (such as updates to the ministry name, details regarding Passport allocations and others).
For complete details on the Passport program guidelines changes and updates, please visit the ministry’s website at: https://www.mcss.gov.on.ca/en/mcss/programs/developmental/servicesupport/passport.aspx
Additional information about these changes, including videos, tip sheets and direct links to e-filing options can be found at: www.dsontario.ca/passport-program
New Passport Claim Form
You can submit your claim electronically using one of two free online applications, eCLAIM or MyDirectPlan (MDP). Both eCLAIM and MDP have been updated to reflect the changes which took effect September 1, 2021.
Visit www.dsontario.ca/passport-program or www.MyDirectPlan.com for information about how to sign up and access instructional videos for both e-filing options. Filing claims electronically may help you receive your payment faster.
If you choose to email or fax your claims, please note there is a new personalized claim form, which includes the recipients name and personal barcode.
Please utilize copies sent to you for use as of September 1, 2021. Old claim forms submitted after September 1st will take longer to process.
For more information: Tel: 905-844-8888 or 1-877-993-8885 Email: email@example.com
Passport Program Client Information Sessions
- Eligible Expenses
- Self Administered Funds
- Person Managing Funds
- Payee Form
- Invoice Forms
- Support Workers
- Transfer Payment Agency (TPA)
- Brokerage Form
- Package Explained
COVID Information: What Can I Use my Passport Funding for
Temporary Wage Enhancement: Temporary Wage increase
Oh the Places You’ll Go Webinar Sessions
To use the forms (on the right):
- Right click the form and click “Save As”. This will give you a prompt to save the form to your computer.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the form. If you do not have “Adobe Acrobat Reader”, please download it here. https://get.adobe.com/reader/
- You will now be able to view and fill out the form. Once filled out, you can print it (and mail it) OR click “Save” in the file menu (near the top of the program). This will save the form and your answers. You can send the form as an email attachment.
Central West Region Passport Agency Contact List
Passport Opportunities Halton Region
Safety for Independent Living Courses
Passport Funding: What Can I Use it For?
Passport Opportunities Peel Region
Passport Opportunities Waterloo Region
Passport Opportunities Wellington/Dufferin Region
Passport Community Development Team – Central West Region
Support Worker Information Form